Montessori-Inspired play for 9 months old

Here is what on our shelf this week:

These activities are only a very small part of the day. They are there to stimulate language, develop concentration and introduce the concept of order - placing objects on the same spot, the shelf is always tidy and neat. On my opinion, the most important aspect of development is personal interaction and freedom of movement - our main focus of every day.



One of the favourite toys of our Beauty are the musical instruments. This one makes a frog sound. She can not do it on her own yet but enjoys listening me making the sound and tries to imitate the move with the mallet- from back to front. Here is a nice selection of instruments: Hohner 6 Piece Rhythm Instrument Set

This set of wooden fruits for some reason is her favourite. She picks it first from the shelf every time. Probably because she loves her fruits. I introduce  names of fruits every time with it. Sometimes I leave just three in front of our Beauty and ask "where is an apple", etc. She usually picks up the right one. 




Here is a dressing cube. At this stage it is only to present various textures, colours and materials.





I made these sound bottles out of yogurt drinks containers. I just filled them one with rise and another with allspice berries. One is lighter and another is heavier.


This one is a Green Tea container with some avocado seeds. She enjoys to roll it or tap with her little hands which makes it a little drum.


With this soft kookaburra toy I point to different parts of body and name them. I also try to find books that talk about different birds.


If you have any questions, please message me on the facebook page.


Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did I miss? Share your thoughts below!

top navigation

Instagram